MAC released one of their newest collections Vamplify on July 7, 2016 online and July 14, 2016 in-stores. The collection featured 16 lipglosses—7 of which are new shades, while the rest are repromotes from the first Vamplify Collection.
"M·A·C Vamplify is back! Seven new colours join the potent lineup: deep turquoise blue, smoky stone, perfect periwinkle, deep plum, royal blue-purple, dusky rose and intense true red, each loading lips with that same unbeatable shine. Now there’s more vamp than ever."
The packaging is a long, slim tube with a thin, angled doe-foot applicator. The formula is soft, smooth, highly pigmented, lightly hydrating and wears roughly 3 - 5 hours. They all have a creamy consistency that is comfortable throughout wear and never feels sticky or heavy—it's only once the product starts to wear away that there is any noticeable, slight tackiness. They have a strong vanilla scent that can be noticed, but not tasted on initial application.
Here's what I picked up from the collection...
* Vamplify Lipgloss $20 USD / $24 CAD (0.16 oz.) [Limited Edition]
- Absolute Score is described as a smokey stone. [LE]
- Anything But Demure is described as a mauvey nude. [LE]
- Fab Tested is described as a dirty rose. [LE]
- How Chic is This? is described as a violet purple. [LE]
- She-Rebel is described as a dark blue purple. [LE]
- Smart Aleck is described as an intense true red. [LE]
- Spanking Haute is described as a pinky nude. [LE]
- Sway to the Sound is described as a soft purple. [LE]
- Tuned In is described as a mid-tone rosey nude. [LE]
- What's Going On? is described as a hot intense fuchsia. [LE]
Absolute Score is a medium-dark, muted brown with neutral undertones and a glossy, cream finish. As expected from the formula, this shade applied smoothly, evenly and had great, opaque color payoff. I didn't experience any bleeding or feathering, it had nice performance throughout wear. Absolute Score lasted +5 hours and felt lightly hydrating. (5/5)