Goodbye August and Hello September!
Oh me, oh my. Where did the month of August go? Summer is slowly fading away in these parts of Canada and while I'll miss the warmer weather I am thrilled to bring on Fall! I've already had several trips to the craft store and my bins of Autumn decorations are slowly emptying their way throughout my house! Have I ever mentioned the interior designer in me only comes out for this time of year?
With the sad end of another month brings my first ever Monthly Favorites! These are the products I found myself reaching for the most through the month of August - not necessarily my die hard favorites, but the products I've used most.
* MAC Face and Body Foundation in N1
- This foundation is everything I've ever looked for in a foundation! My skin is somewhere between combination and dry depending on the season but regardless, I'll usually get dry patches around my nose which causes powders and foundations to look flaky - but not this one! It applies easily, the coverage is buildable, it feels nonexistent on the skin and looks natural once set!
* Real Techniques in Expert Face Brush
- Best foundation brush I've found, especially paired with the MAC Face and Body Foundation. It's a synthetic brush that's dense enough to buff foundation evenly. It's also the perfect size for covering larger areas while still getting into smaller areas like around your nose! Plus, the bristles are super soft and the flared base makes it easy to stand up.
* Kat Von D Ink Liner in Trooper
- Since purchasing this pen style liner, it's all I've been reaching for when it comes to looks involving winged liner. It's simple, richly pigmented and cuts down on the amount of time it takes to apply.
* Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
- I wouldn't necessarily say this is my favorite mascara, but I've been reaching for it quite a lot - even just to pair with other mascaras to create fuller or longer looking lashes.
* MAC Paint Pot in Constructivist
- My go-to eye look this month has mainly been this paint pot. It's so easy to smudge out on my eyelid and lightly blend into my crease. I'll usually pair it with my favorite burgundy pigment but it works well alone on super lazy days!
* Bite Agave Lip Mask
- My lips suffered a drought this past month thanks to the Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lip Swatches. After repeatedly swatching 11 lipsticks several times, my lips dried out like never before. Of course, I turned to my trusty hydrating, moisturizing and repairing product for help! I applied it in the morning, during the day and before bed - within a week my lips were back in shape! (When I was out and about during the day, I'd opt for my Jack Black balm.)
* Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Melted Peony
- The smell is delightful and it's the perfect, nude pink shade. Light yellow based pinks have been my thing these past few months and I've sported quite a few. The most worn was a toss up between this guy and the Bite High Pigment Pencil in Bouquet - which is a tad lighter and slight more yellow based.
* MAC Sculpting Powder in Sculpt
- This powder has made contouring so easy the past month. The texture is soft, finely-milled, blends easily and the color is buildable. Whether I'm wearing a soft, basic eye or a dark, smokey eye this contour fits.
* MAC Powder Blush in Fun Ending
- Since the MAC A Novel Romance collection came out I've been reaching for this blush! It's a soft neutral pink that adds enough color to put life in your cheeks but not enough that it won't work when paired with different colors and/or looks.
* Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone
- I was finally able to get my hands on some Becca products during my trip to Toronto - it's been love ever since! Highlights are my favorite product and this one gives you that perfect glow without making you looking shiny.
Disclaimer: All products featured were purchased by me for personal use.